The Philippine Psychiatric Association and the Natasha Goulbourn Foundation invite you to participate in World Suicide Prevention Day Activities recommended by the International Association for Suicide Prevention and the World Health Organization.
The activities will center primarily on inviting everyone you know to LIGHT A CANDLE AT 8 P.M. NEAR the WINDOW in their respective houses ON SEPTEMBER 10, 2012 to show your support, for suicide prevention, to remember a lost loved one and for the survivors of suicide.
In order to accomplish this activity properly, we propose the following activities for the teachers to in their schools or for you in your place of work.
- POST THE ATTACHED POSTERS IN EACH CLASSROOM/BULLETIN BOARD
- ENCOURAGE STUDENTS, FAMILY AND COWORKERS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LIGHT A CANDLE PROJECT OF THE WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY ACTIVITIES
- INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS, COMPANIES AND INSTITUTIONS WHO WILL PARTICIPATE WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN THE ATTACHED COMMITMENT SHEET AND MAY BE SENT by mail or email TO
Natasha Goulbourn Foundation
Suite 326, LRI Design Plaza
210 Nicanor Garcia Street
Makati City, 1209, Philippines
- PARTICIPANTS SHALL BE ASKED TO DO THE FOLLOWING AFTER THE ACTIVITY:
- SUBMIT AN EMAIL REPORTING THAT THEY PARTICIPATED IN THE LIGHT A CANDLE PROJECT AT THIS LINK: http://www.iasp.info/wspd/activities_mailform.php
- FOR EACH PERSON WHO WILL PARTICIPATE, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM IN THIS LINK TO RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION FROM THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION. http://www.iasp.info/wspd/certificates.php
- POST A PICTURE OF YOUR CANDLE ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER FOR EVERYBODY TO KNOW. LIKE IASP OR NGF IN FACEBOOK!